December 7, 2008
For those of you that missed it, Not Alone
updated this past Thursday! Remember, it updates every Thursday of this month!
You can vote for next week's TWoW script too!
On this week's page: Hey! Look! It's Ravar! :3
First, I apologize for the large file size, I didn't want to split this page into 2. Besides, we like big 'ol comics, don't we? More to read, more to see! I'd also like to point out the revised chapter 1 (novel edition). I'm seriously thinking about editing the comic version to match it, as it clarifies a lot of things, especially at this point on the story. You can read it here.
- Ehranah is not impressed. See her finger her Njinn? And look at Mersnai's? When reading my comic, it is really the small, small details that mean a lot, even if I'm not the best at drawing them yet. Everyone looks pretty stiff on this page, but I still had fun with it. That's all that really matters, that and improvement. Anyways, the term "resonance" has come quite often when dealing with Ashi ("life-force energy") and Rrah'ashi ("use of Energy for war"). Ehranah herself first used it here, when showing Cenron and Mersnai that indeed, Talon was host to the Key. It's not explicitly stated, but Ravar resonates left-over Energy trails here. The third time is when Ravar and Vrin are making their way into the manor house, and trying to avoid all the traps. Hopefully, this gives you an idea what Ehranah tried to do. Using Ashi without resonance is supposed to be impossible.
- Mersnai is laughing. Mersnai laughing scares the left-over turkey out of me. By this time, we all should remember that he REALLY wants Talon dead. He tried to kill him right after Ehranah resonated the Key for the first time. Then he tried to convince Cenron Talon had to die in order to destroy the Key, which is inside of him, living off Talon's own life force.
- Na Rraal is an apology that must be accepted regardless of the insult. It's been mentioned a couple times before, but reading this on a weekly updating schedule, I don't really expect anyone to remember.
- Nyn'Ayenesh: "Eye of Sight," Ehranah's post in the Triad. Explanation page for both terms can be found here.
- In panel 2, Mersnai is throwing his katana out of the way. He chose to use his Njinn in the previous page instead of the sword. If anyone here has ever tried to fight with a sword sheathed on your hip, you'll realize the importance of getting it out of the way. It ended up being overlapped, but Cenron is doing the same thing, and is holding his sheath in his left hand, ready to get it out of the way.
SIX MORE PAGES UNTIL THE END OF THIS CLIFFHANGER CHAPTER!