Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Chapter 9 Part II Previews and Discussion  (Read 20089 times)
KEZ
Admin
Child of the Most High

The Wolfish One

View Profile WWW
« on: July 08, 2011, 09:45:49 PM »

Anyone who thought the first 70 pages of this story were a waste of pages may now go fnark themselves.

"We threw stones at the stars and the whole sky fell."
mvmarcz
Rrah'ashi Master

Vrin x Ravar for LIFE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 10:13:30 PM »

*spasm spasm DIE*
Or more accurately

Mark
(OF DOOM)
Child of the Most High

I'll come back as a cyborg

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 03:32:07 AM »

First of all:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI
Sorry, had to get that out of my system Tongue

Let's see what we have here:
Is that a scar on his face or just a weird streak of light?
The WM is wearing the key arround his neck. Does that mean there is more than one key or does this play in the past?
I have no idea who the person with the mirror could be. If it's a character we've already seen I would guess it to be Vrin. On the other hand, it might be a shadow creature (I think I can see the back edge of his/her hat through his/her head).
Behind the moon there is another giant moon with stars in it. Awesome! Or maybe those aren't stars, but cities. You did mention that some species were imported to this planet from somewhere else Wink
KEZ
Admin
Child of the Most High

The Wolfish One

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 07:02:58 AM »

If a cake is ever featured in this chapter, at least you know it will be a lie. Smiley

Is that a scar on his face or just a weird streak of light?
The WM is wearing the key arround his neck. Does that mean there is more than one key or does this play in the past?
I have no idea who the person with the mirror could be. If it's a character we've already seen I would guess it to be Vrin. On the other hand, it might be a shadow creature (I think I can see the back edge of his/her hat through his/her head).
Behind the moon there is another giant moon with stars in it. Awesome! Or maybe those aren't stars, but cities. You did mention that some species were imported to this planet from somewhere else Wink

Scar.
Yes.
Not a mirror. Or a shadow.
Only 1 moon. A very familiar looking moon actually.
And good memory.

*spasm spasm DIE*
Or more accurately

*snerk* I am so excited to draw this chapter. I hope I can do the frothing justice.

KEZ
Admin
Child of the Most High

The Wolfish One

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 01:58:41 PM »

Page 1

This is where I expect a severe WTF reaction from readers.

Darwin
Human

I'm crazy and I know it! LOL!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 02:09:55 PM »

YAh pretty much!  LOLZ...but "Weapons Master's" clothing didn't look exactly like they did when we last saw him!!

"Do I look like a myth to you?" ~ Cabal from Only Half: Endgame
My Stories
My Comics
Mark
(OF DOOM)
Child of the Most High

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 02:51:02 PM »

WTF indeed.

Don't tell me that mirror is really a smartphone  Undecided
KEZ
Admin
Child of the Most High

The Wolfish One

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 05:02:51 PM »

YAh pretty much!  LOLZ...but "Weapons Master's" clothing didn't look exactly like they did when we last saw him!!

That would be because I couldn't, uh, draw, 7 years ago *cough* hehehe
WTF indeed.

Don't tell me that mirror is really a smartphone  Undecided

No comment.

Xanthine
Stormwarrior

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 03:16:07 AM »

Oh gawd, please let that NOT be a frakkin' smartphone.

Nihil illegitami carborundum
KEZ
Admin
Child of the Most High

The Wolfish One

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 09:18:56 AM »

I've been saying for months now how this would be a giant WTF Wink Also that I expected a lot of people to just stop reading, but oh well.

Xanthine
Stormwarrior

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 01:07:46 PM »

I'm going to give it a chance to see where it's going and how you pull it off.  It's pretty obvious the North Wind ended up on Earth somehow.  I'm going to be honest: I have very little patience for time travel.  It drives me bonkers.  I realize that I'm in the minority among scifi fans but if your plot involves time travel, unless you pull it off exceptionally well or put a very interesting twist on it, I'll likely be done with WotW.  But I'll still be reading WiT.

Nihil illegitami carborundum
KEZ
Admin
Child of the Most High

The Wolfish One

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 02:41:32 PM »

Hmm, no time travel in this story. Just...travel.  Keys and gateways and what not.

Mark
(OF DOOM)
Child of the Most High

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 03:10:43 PM »

I have to say, I'm not sure I like where this is going. One of the strengths of WoW is (or maybe I should say was) that it's a completely different world and universe.
I've loved this comic for too long to stop reading now. I'm also very curious to see how (and if) you'll manage to pull this off. For the time being WoW is still my favorite comic out there.

@Xanthine:
You're not alone. I don't like time travel either. It's usually a sign of laziness and lack of inspiration. There are exceptions, but those are very rare.
KEZ
Admin
Child of the Most High

The Wolfish One

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2011, 04:19:50 PM »

The one thing I hate about most fantasy stories is the separateness, the inability, of that world to exist in the same universe as the real world. What is the point in imagining such a place that could NEVER coexist with ours? So I made tWoW. It bridges what I love about a fantasy world (both the amazement and the danger) with what could be possible in this world. The parts of the story that take place on earth focus on the danger--what would happen IF--and the darker aspects. The same rules of the fantasy world still apply, or rather, earth rules apply there, readers just aren't aware of it yet. That's really all I can say. I know a lot of people will be turned off by this new plot direction. Not much I can do about that. The story is already written, and at this point in the game, I can't go about changing 100s of pages.

EDIT: Besides, I think possibilities like this are super. From the novel website, and drawn years ago.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 05:53:42 PM by KEZ » Logged

canterrain
Tsen'a Vesh

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2011, 07:21:39 PM »

Oh gawd, please let that NOT be a frakkin' smartphone.

Personally I'm looking forward to Steve Job's keynote speech about the new iNjinn 4.  Now with front facing camera.  So you can get all the great candid shots as you front face stab.

Oh and for touching up those awesome candids?  There's an app for that.

Kez, at the moment I'm really reminded of this great book called Pawn's Dream.  It starred these people who were the only ones that could use magic because they existed on both Earth and a fantasy world at the same time.  They'd fall asleep in one only to wake up on the other, and visa versa.  Lots of fun stuff about which one each character considered to be the 'main' world.  Fun duality concepts too.

Personally, I say, tell the story you want to tell.  And it will be much better than if you told the story other's wanted you to tell.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: