Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Armory Wars  (Read 3267 times)
Border Walker
Resident Non-Sparkling Half-Vamp
Rrah'ashi Master

Lurking the forums...

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2008, 05:27:45 PM »

Minor question, but who of you have heard of Coheed and Cambria? The Prog Rock band, with a Lead Singer that has quite the voice. Here's the Wiki Page, and Here's the Website. They're a pretty awesome band, and I love their work.

But I bring them up, because the Band creates songs that 'Narrate' the Comic which the lead Singer, Claudio Sanchez, has written hand helped develop. I bring this up because I recently bought the full copy of "The Second Stage Turbine Blade: Vol 1" Graphic Novel, which was a full book of the first five chapters. I love it, and the story is a great one that stands out amongst sci-fi genre comics, and think anyone who is a fan should deffinetly read it.

Here's the Synopsis from the Back of the Novel:

"Heavens Fence--A Star-spanning collection of 78 planets, held in place and linked to each other by the mysterious and seemingly omnipotent blue energy of the Keywork.

Hard working Coheed and Cambria Kilgannon live on one of these planets, but their suburban existence is ripped apart when General Mayo Deftinwolf enters their lives, and reveals the ultimate truth: Coheed and Cambria were not born, but built--imprinted with false memories, they are actually part of a dormant terrorist cell. Even worse, they were implanted with the deadly Mon-Star virus, which they have now genetically passed on to their children: Where it has evolved into a catastrophic "Ultra Virus" that will disrupt the bonds between the planets and destroy Heaven's Fence. But even as Mayo leaves them with a devastating decision, miraculous abilities within Coheed and Cambria begin to surface."

-------------------------------------

"In the science fiction tradition of "Dune" and "The Matrix", The Armory Wars kicks the action into Light-speed--Across the Keywork and into the lives of everyday people forced into extraordinary circumstances. Prepare to be amazed."

------------------------------------

"Claudio Sanchez is the creative force behind the immensely popular rock band Coheed And Cambria. In The Armory Wars, we explore the story behind the band's epic concept albums, a lasting science fiction/horror mythology centered in the love of one family: Deceived and separated, Coheed and Cambria Kilagannon, and their son, Claudio, will fight the forces of evil and change the universe."

Seriously, this Comic is awesome, and The first five chapters are twist after twist, done just right to make the story Awesome. I picked up the Novelization of the first five at My local Hot Topic store, but you can probably see the chapters individually in any local comic store, and I encourage you ton see about getting them, reading them, and then getting the CDs and listening to them while reading.

I still need to get the CD "Second Stage Turbine Blade" myself, but when I do, my collection will be complete, and I will be set.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 10:25:20 AM by KEZ » Logged

DA<br /><br />
KEZ
Admin
Child of the Most High

The Wolfish One

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 10:26:10 AM »

Interesting concept, narrating with music. Very cool!

"We threw stones at the stars and the whole sky fell."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: