Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Interim Chapter II Discussion and Previews  (Read 20098 times)
KEZ
Admin
Child of the Most High

The Wolfish One

View Profile WWW
« on: January 29, 2010, 11:10:27 AM »

IT HAS BEGUN. (Your soul...is MINE).

Or somesuch. I've been kind of itching to draw this for awhile now. This is a totempole-like statue that exists on the Sacred Isles and is mentioned in a much later chapter, but I thought it a good fit for the title page. I'm considering making two versions of it, one with Tempest's face broken off, and one complete to use at a later date, or for a wallpaper or something.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 10:55:33 AM by KEZ » Logged

"We threw stones at the stars and the whole sky fell."
Mark
(OF DOOM)
Child of the Most High

I'll come back as a cyborg

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 03:24:48 PM »

Your soul...is MINE.

NOOOOOO... Give it back!
fauvem
Of the First Ones

A random Crest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 04:10:26 PM »

*snickers* You think you can take a soul that easily. I suppose I could give you some of my spare ones instead and that reminds me, I need to dust my collection of filled soul jars.
KEZ
Admin
Child of the Most High

The Wolfish One

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 10:06:44 PM »

Souls are non-refundable, non-negotiable, and once eaten, gone forever. So sorry, too late! Better eat your own souls before they go bad in those jars, fauvem!

Also, inks! I'm liking how it's turning out.

fauvem
Of the First Ones

A random Crest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 11:20:18 PM »

I like how the inked version turned out. It reminds me of my totem, I used to be skillful at wood carving with a chainsaw till I stuffed up my shoulders. It would also make a good bookmark. But anyway... Do you have a serving suggestion for souls?
KEZ
Admin
Child of the Most High

The Wolfish One

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 07:37:40 AM »

Recommended daily intake is around 100kJ for demons, but only 5 fat calories for humans.

Sayanni
Mod of DOOM
Greyken

I'm thinking... I'm thinking...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 07:51:35 AM »

you can't have my soul, it's already been claimed.
I like how the inked version came out. and I agree with Fauvem, it would make a nice bookmark.

Edit: (preview, Saya, preview, not post) Although, I think it would be a better bookmark if it were colored...

Mark
(OF DOOM)
Child of the Most High

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 11:56:31 AM »

I suppose I could give you some of my spare ones.
Nah, that's alright, I still have another one. It's just a shame that Kez ate that very rare mayan soul before it had properly aged. It would have been at its best in 2012.

Do you have a serving suggestion for souls?
I hear they're very nice when fondued.

The inked version looks great! The only thing that I find too bad is that the lion looked more like a wise ruler in the sketch (I don't know if that was your intention, but i liked it) and it has lost some of that feeling in the inked version. Don't get me wrong, the lion still looks great and the whole thing is one of your coolest pictures so far. I'm just going to shut up now.
fauvem
Of the First Ones

A random Crest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 02:16:52 PM »

I just thought that I should offer & I think I have a fondue set somewhere *starts fishing my big box of random things*
KEZ
Admin
Child of the Most High

The Wolfish One

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 08:07:57 PM »

The inked version looks great! The only thing that I find too bad is that the lion looked more like a wise ruler in the sketch (I don't know if that was your intention, but i liked it) and it has lost some of that feeling in the inked version. Don't get me wrong, the lion still looks great and the whole thing is one of your coolest pictures so far. I'm just going to shut up now.

Hmm, I agree! Hadn't noticed that when I was drawing it. He rather looks in pain here, and I'd rather have him look wise/caring instead.

Mark
(OF DOOM)
Child of the Most High

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 08:13:55 AM »

I think the main difference is that in the sketch you can not see his shoulder or the pole behind him. Because that is missing he appears to be sitting with his head high, overlooking his kingdom. In the sketch the lion is the top of the totempole and the center as well because there is nothing behind him. In the inked version it looks more like he is jumpung forward, attacking.
KEZ
Admin
Child of the Most High

The Wolfish One

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 06:09:02 PM »

An'soru looked very strange to me missing the rest of his torso (as the other three all have some of the rest of their bodies showing), so I don't think I want him as a floating head. I see your point about how that made him look the ruler though. I tweaked his face a little bit, but in the end I just ran out of time. Homework to do, dammit! I will probably go back and revisit the image and do something else with it in the future. For now, it will have to do! *sigh*

Anyway, what I'm getting at here is that the page is up! http://warofwinds.com/

Aquila audax
Ghost

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 02:41:10 AM »

hmm fondue souls........ yummy.

I prefer mine in a curry actually.
Sayanni
Mod of DOOM
Greyken

I'm thinking... I'm thinking...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 09:33:53 PM »

I am asking this here... because I dunno where else too ask it...
Kez, how many locked forums are there?

KEZ
Admin
Child of the Most High

The Wolfish One

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 06:15:50 AM »

Also, looks like I'll need another week off from TWoW. I have had no time whatsoever to draw.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: