Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Years  (Read 1379 times)
KEZ
Admin
Child of the Most High

The Wolfish One

View Profile WWW
« on: December 31, 2009, 12:00:42 PM »

Last year about this time I used the futureme.org service to send me an email for new years 2009. I received this email about 5 days ago, and did not read it until today. Here's what it said:

Dear FutureMe,

In case you'd forgotten, you had big plans for this year! I hope you are in med school by now, done with the first semester already, and crazy interested in whatever classes you had.  I hope you met a guy you like and can hang out with, who is not only a friend.

By this time, you should have gotten your brown belt if you are still in Rochester. I think you would like to get out of Ra-cha-cha, so if you don't have it, and you're wild and free in Wisconsin, or even in another country in the peace corps, be happy. All roads lead to one path eventually. Sometimes a detour is the easier road than the straight path, even if it's not as fast. You've always been a straight arrow, but damn, don't go so straight you'll look back one day and realize you've missed out on SO MUCH.  We both know you already realize this, so let go of any regrets you have, because the past can't come back. Just keep living well.

I expect the first book of TWoW to be finished by now. If it's not, you're a bigger slacker than I thought! :3 Don't let it get you down. This book is your first fine wine. Let it sit your oak barrel of a head and age. You'll know when it's ready...it'll be when you can't stand to look at it anymore! Send me a copy, ok? The first copy.  We'll sit down and read it by the fire, and laugh at things that should have been done.

Give Indy a pet for me.  Remember to cherish him more than anything, because he's the second best gift you'll ever receive.  You may still be waiting for the best, and until then, Indy IS the best, and everyone knows it.

Be strong. Be humble. Be young and sing like no one is there. Learn something new every day. Stand up for what you believe in, no matter what. Fight for love, teach your friends. Be you, and don't ever change. Find that adventure, and don't compromise who you are for what you want. Thank God everyday for what you have, for the people who love you, and for who you are.

Take the road less traveled by, and you will be the envy of all.

-Kez 2008

To you all, I raise a glass [of sparkling cider, as I don't really have champagne with me here], happy new year! Let it be a good one, start it out well, and don't give up in your pursuits. You all rock, enjoy the fireworks.

"We threw stones at the stars and the whole sky fell."
Aquila audax
Ghost

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 03:11:34 PM »

What a terrific idea!  I like the idea you had of the road less traveled.  I was thinking back to the beginning of the decade, and how much my life has changed since then.  I  had a promising career in science, in the plant/fungal symbiosis field, as well as a part time job as a waitress in a cafe.  I was single, and there was just my horse and me.  Now the only experiments I do are on my husband. 

So how did you go with your goals?  I don't tend to make plans any more, I find chaos works for me!  I decide to do something and then, I do it. 

Good luck with your goals for this coming year!  Know that you do make a difference in peoples lives.

Flower Girl
Ghost

Quand je s'rai grande...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 08:57:46 AM »

Wow, Kez. You actually write letters to yourself.

"So we cheered up--"
"And sure enough, things got worse."
Sayanni
Mod of DOOM
Greyken

I'm thinking... I'm thinking...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 06:51:11 AM »

Happy new year! (over a week late! lol sry!)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: