Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Webcomic Planet Readers Choice Awards  (Read 1997 times)
KEZ
Admin
Child of the Most High

The Wolfish One

View Profile WWW
« on: October 14, 2009, 09:16:12 AM »

There's this new award contest going on at Webcomic Planet: http://webcomicplanet.com

There's a bunch of categories I don't stand much of a chance in, but I think I MAY have a shot at the "design" category. I can't (shouldn't?) nominate myself, so I'd appreciate any nominations from readers! It IS the readers' choice awards. Cheesy

I think I deserve a nomination because I approach site-building from a somewhat different perspective than most. I've written too many articles about must-haves, should-haves, do NOTs, etc on my studio blog, but suffice it to say, I take webcomic webdesign very seriously. Most people do not understand how much the usability of a site effects the readability of a comic.  People who DO understand that also don't take into account bounce rates in accordance with information placement--and also "prettiness" for lack of a better word. Readers most definitely do judge a book by its cover, and the cover of a webcomic includes both the comic and site. Then there's the aspect of getting people to view pages OTHER than the comic, the information to display on those pages, etc.

So, yeah, I take it seriously. Any nominations would be much appreciated! All you gotta do is sign up for an account and write up a blurb. Smiley

"We threw stones at the stars and the whole sky fell."
KEZ
Admin
Child of the Most High

The Wolfish One

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 04:42:34 PM »

Voting has begun!

http://webcomicplanet.com/events/webcomic-readers-choice-awards/wcrca-2009/vote/

Please vote for me in the "design" category--if you think I deserve it! We're trying to make this more about merit than popularity. Smiley

Aquila audax
Ghost

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 06:42:52 PM »

I voted.  It wasn't as painful as I thought.  Neither was joining the forum.  I am very surprised!
KEZ
Admin
Child of the Most High

The Wolfish One

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 07:25:54 PM »

Welcome to forum, Aquila! And thanks for the vote. Glad to surprise Smiley   

fauvem
Of the First Ones

A random Crest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 03:19:40 AM »

Neither was joining the forum.  I am very surprised!
I knew I supposed to do something with those bear traps Roll Eyes. Anyway, have one as a welcoming gift.
Aquila audax
Ghost

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 09:35:07 PM »

Bear traps!  Arggh.  No, I only have my own computer gumbyness to blame! Plus the time difference.
KEZ
Admin
Child of the Most High

The Wolfish One

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 08:06:10 PM »

Popularity voting is now...encouraged! If you haven't voted, PLEASE DO IT NOW!

If I get above 40 votes, I'll put up the first digital wallpaper free for everyone. Wasn't going to put it up even here for forum members.  Smiley

Get your friends to vote and I'll <3 you forever.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: